So long story short, I resigned from my job yesterday. It was an accumulation of various things all jumbled together that led to my decision but at the end of the day, when I walked out of the building, I got that sense of peace and freedom. I was reminded of what happened two years ago and reflected on how much I have accomplished over the past two years. I tell you folks seriously, I'M NOT EQUIPPED TO SETTLE...and no longer will I do that and I don't care how much the job is good and the benefits are great. You can hate my mentality but I strongly believe that THE CREATOR who blessed and gifted me with my talents intended for me to operate in them and that is what I intend to do. So as I begin this new journey, pursuing my passion, evolving my writing, and figuring out this thing called "LIVING"...I ask that you come along for the ride. Here is the first poem tracking my experience and my most recent intimate thoughts. Vulnerability is a virtue...at least to me. I'm not ashamed of who EYE am.
8/17/11
Yesterday I gracefully bowed out
I politely resigned from slavery
I gathered the pictures of Akia's doll baby eyes
And Ej's sparkling smile and
Rushed towards the door
Thirsting for air, breeze cool
Calm and collective
I gathered my tears in the palm of my hands
Anointed my forehead with prayer
And compassion
Reinvented the possibility
of cultivating creativity
and gently reminded myself that
The first step to dreaming
Is to deny denial
acknowledge the power from within
and LIVE
Mediocrity is sin
No comments:
Post a Comment