Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Just Be Part 3


DISCLAIMER: One word that I despise when people tell me to do this is "RELAX", especially people who exploit my sensitivity, lol and always deem everything I do as EMOTIONAL. So tonight I'm on this "I LOVE MYSELF TO LIFE" kick and it's simply this, the very things about my personality and or my emotions that often times annoy or drive people away, are the very things I have come to learn, appreciate, and embrace about myself. Immadome....I empathize with people well and for business purposes, yeah in the words of Dilla, I'm "Working on it!", the part that deals with balancing both the emotional aspect of my human nature and not letting that keep me from thinking logical...but for the most part, I don't think I'm that bad of catch...If I dare pull out a locked text from my past that reads "you official, I just needed say that!)...it was a simple compliment that I hold dear to my heart as a reminder that my imperfections, flaws, and great traits make me the woman who I am today....ALL OF ME. and on that note...

I was going over some old poems from my facebook page, and I stumbled acrossed a series of poems that are entitled "Just Be" and so I want to include the most recent Just Be Part 2...i simply love it becuase it holds so much truth, but most importantly I feel a little brewing within to attempt what has seemed impossible as of late, and that's write poetry, so here is the old poem...N'JOY!

Just Be Part 2~

he dodged my question
like Neo did bullets,
in the Matrix and
bended left with his
response, “Just Be”.
I smirked by his sheer
cool pose, sweat
running down brow
because pressure
rose through my words.
all I ever desired was
honesty. even by
omission it is still
a lie. so in the height
of our discussion
my heart pulled back
and I smiled with a
simple response,” bet”.


and on that note, i'm off to watch "Notorious" (and yes for the first time, stay off me!)

enjoy these musical selections from my favorite female emcee/poet/singer L-Boogie...I chose this song for a reason. Just feels befitting of the place where I'm at regarding the idea of love at this point in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment